December 02, 2009

A lil bit of reminder:)


If there were a Qur'an with which mountains were moved, or the earth were cloven asunder, or the dead were made to speak, (this would be the one!) But, truly, the command is with Allah in all things! Do not the Believers know, that, had Allah (so) willed, He could have guided all mankind (to the right)? But the Unbelievers,- never will disaster cease to seize them for their (ill) deeds, or to settle close to their homes, until the promise of Allah come to pass, for, verily, Allah will not fail in His promise.
13:31

When I read this verse in Quran, I remembered my Christian friend used to debate with me about Islam and Christianity. To be honest, I'm not a religious person, and but somehow I have my religion and I believe in God, I have faith in Allah.

He always want to debate with me about small thing. I mean, for me, you don't even need to question it, but he likes to ask me until I couldn't answer his question. Once, he used to bring a conversation about hijab (tudung). He always asks, why got some Muslims wear the mask (he means purdah), and some of them close everything even they have to see through the net that enclosed their eyes. He said, it ridiculous. It's nonsense when you are just allowed to wear black long clothes (black jubah). He used to ask, if I were in France, do I take off my hijab? coz most of the universities in France, there are no distinction in religion, which means you cannot wear anything that shows your religion identity, including the hijab. I said, no. I would never ever take off my hijab. He asked me back, why wouldn't you? You should respect their law, their culture, cause you are in their country. You can't act as if you are in Malaysia. I just smile, and here's my simple answer:

Wherever you go, regardless of anywhere, you bring along your religion. Whatever rules they are, your religion is your priority. Religion itself has their own rules. If you put your religion is your priority, there should be no confusion for not obeying the country's law. France law is just conservative law. You and I both believe, there's hereafter. So, there should be no argument about God's law.

He still want to argue more about it, but it seems like he cannot think of anything to counter my argument. Like Allah said, from 13:31; Do not the Believers know, that, had Allah (so) willed, He could have guided all mankind (to the right)?

May Allah always guide me and my loved ones to the right path. Amen~

No comments: