December 06, 2009

Politic: where are we heading to?

Yesterday, I went to a talk given by Dato Seri Anwar Ibrahim (DSAI) in Melbourne University. Honestly, I'm not very good in politics, and I rarely follow what's going on in Malaysia politics nowadays. But yesterday talk made me wonder, I will be one of the citizen that can change the future of Malaysia, someday. Though politics seems not entertain at all, but it's one of my responsibilities to decide the future of my country.

I'm saying this does not mean I'm agree with the opposition. It just make me think, how valuable I'm to the country, and my vote can be very significant to the Malaysia's future. Frankly speaking, the opposition get the point, and they were very convincing, especially DSAI. He knew the things that he spoke, I can see he had his firm stand, and he was very confident when answering questions. I respect that. Very respect.

But there were some points that I disagree with him.

1. DSAI said it would be better if we open the Dean or Vice Chancellor position to non-Malays so that we can improve the education performance in the university.
I don't agree with this because it's not the only solution to improve the education performance in the university. There might be some other ways,for instance;

i) The selection of the students into the university must be very tight- we increase the admission requirement, so that only the best students can get into the university.
ii) The way of teaching must be improved- there must be a survey run at the end of the semester, asking the opinion from the students how the quality of teaching can be improved.
iii) The quality of education must be improved- this different from above point in the sense that the way university gives the marks to students. Stop doing not-making-sense-thing like attendance marks to lecture (the students can cheat-like I used to do), and etc.

Why not non-Malays?
Even if we take non-Malays, I don't think it would solve the problem entirely since there are other causes that caused the problem. And what's the different then?
2. DSAI said we should unite as one entity- Malaysia.
DSAI suggested there should be no distinction between Malays, Chinese, Indians, and other races as well. I kind of agree with this; but we have to remember, at some points, Malays have the priority with Hak keistimewaan melayu. And we all agreed this matter cannot be touched, and argued. We all know that. And even if, let say one day we demolish the hak keistimewaan melayu, and the Prime Minister is Chinese or Indian or any other races than Malay, I think they will also give the priority to their own race. I understand what DSAI's trying to do, trying to convince us, but he has to understand not all the people think the same way that he is. Once they have power, we don't know what will happen.

3. DSAI blame the government for so many aspects
Well, I know it's normal for an opposition to blame the government for so many aspects, that why we call them OPPOSITION. But, I wonder, why NOW he stand up and blame so many things from government? Why after he quitted from UMNO and after went into prison? Why not when he was in the government? Yes, DSAI said since he was in the government he used to oppose so many things, but why not so loud like nowadays?

4. DSAI made a general conclusion from a specific incident
When DSAI answered the question, he always gives his personal experience as an example, and jump to a general conclusion. For me, that should not be the case, because I do not know weather that's really the case or he has the benefit behind that. I don't know. So, I personally think, he should not make a general conclusion from a specific experience, because then he does not look like professional to me.

I'm not saying government is perfect. Government also has it's own weaknesses. But at least, they are trying to improve, and I can see they are improving in some ways. Yet, I think, people in government should wake up, stop arguing about stupid things, and show the leadership. If not, anything can happen. Anyway, that's politic is all about.

p/s: Tetibe semangat politik lak.aiseyh.

2 comments:

shahir said...

well, as much as i used to respect him as a leader, i think his views are some what irrelevant and non-sense. I am like you, a political free person, dont really care, and only vote to those who can actually do the work. but do you realize that his visions are somewhat impossible to achieve. here are some example.

he wants to:

1. subsidize the petrol for it to be under rm1.50 per litre.

--> doesnt seem logical to acgieve it. imagine how much Malaysians consume petrol, a car per person, that means A LOT right? and the market value of petrol is around rm4.50 a litre. that means he wants to subsidize 66.7% of it, which is like TOTALLY impossible! the money can be used at some other places. totally waste of money. so a big NO-NO.

2. unite the malaysians?

--> that follows the 1Malaysia concept. but in his case, even the political leaders under him cant unite. they argue with each other, then jump party cases, etc. he cant even look after the party, then how can he look after Malaysians?! think about it.

As much as I want revolution in the Govt, but the Opposition sucks more! how can we change this?
they keep on fighting with each other, and don do work. okay la, atleast I see Najib's doing his work. and the only thing that I disagree with Najib's Govt is about the education, but that is not under him, it's the Education Ministry's work. and owh there's another one, but I forgot what it is. but as far as I am concern, Im pretty happy with Najib's work la

zunitaseriously said...

yup.yup. exactly. very agree with ur points. pasal harga minyak, kalau org yg xtau pasal economy, bole la dia nak putar belitkan cm2 kan. he wanted to 'buta'kan rakyat konon nye bole bg harga minyak as lowest as possible, but if that really happen, rakyat jugak kene akibatnye. like u said, kalau dah subsidized smpai 66.7%, mane dtg untung minyak tu? this is business, not badan kebajikan. kalau business pon da hancur, xde untung, cne nk bg balik keuntungan to rakyat? and one more thing, kalau da spend too much money on minyak(bg nyk subsidi), bajet utk bende laen lak cne? heh. bagi sume org makan minyak je la eh?ye la minyak murah gile, brg laen sure mahal.lol.

for ur 2nd point, yes,totally agree with u too.already give my comment in my blog:)