First of all, I think its still not too late to say, Happy 53rd Birthday, Malaysia! or..one of my friends said, it is actually Tanah Melayu's birthday, coz Malaysia's birthday is on Sept 16. Anys, coz it's merdeka day, I want to share something is more political, I guess. Take a look at this comment that I found in this blog:
Comment from Coolooc 31/8/10 7:20 AM
It is undeniable that malays are stupid, incapable and lazy. Why don't they just humbly admit the facts and repent and learn from other races especially Chinese?
What is the point to argue here and wasting time again?
From the first onwards we were merely telling the truths. It wasn't us who think that way but their own Badawi as well.
All malays should go and read the newspaper, even Badawi is ashamed of maintaining the NEP after 34 years of implementing it and these malay baboons are still asking for it.
Even Badawi wanted them to compete on a level playing field.
So what does all these tell the world? It sends a very clear message that it is malays themselves who are incapable and lazy and they don't even want to admit it and make a change!
That is the biggest shame of all.
Can't you see, it is all back to square one. Year in, year out, some talk for half an hour, some one, some two. Some sing, many belt out their most recent released 'pantun'.
After all. Malays are good at that. Suggestions after suggestions, some good, some impossible to realize.
But, do you see any of these materialised? Hardly. Why, why and why???
Because the malays can never change. Never! Why?
The leaders forgot it or were they simply didn't want to address and admit that the actual disease is the malays and the remedy itself is also, the malays. They can never change. What is it about the malays?
Firstly as you all know, they are a lazy species. Since the beginning of time they have been like that. Even the encyclopedia called them as lazy people. I think those British with their accent tried to call them 'malas', and if you put 'y' in, it becomes 'malays'.
Embracing Islam make them a worse lot. Now they have a license to kill anything that gets into their way.
Malays are ungrateful lot. In reality, they just can't live or open their minds for others. When Mahathir said that they are complacent, they put him in jail. When Mahathir encouraged them to learn English language, they got angry with him, saying it is a 'bahasa penjajah'.
When other races 'maju', they got angry with them too. That was why at the end of Mahathir his regime, he said this, "I have achieved greatness as a prime minister, but I only fail in one thing, changing the malays."
Well, nothing to be surprised about anyway since Mahathir is not really a malay, and I guess that was why the malays were angry with him.
Drug abuse, hate, incest, liberal extremism (culture of miniskirts and gay marriages), murder, parochialism, racism, rape, religious fanaticism, snatch theft, spoilt bratty behavior, tribalism, wife abuse, child abuse, all that is associated with the malay race.
To them, malay is the biggest impediment towards building a truly Malaysian nation, and should be chucked into the dustbins of history.
A genetically flawed race cannot be fixed by politically. Nature will take its course and globalization will put them out to pasture.
What have we got now?
Brain drain, economic disparity getting wider, poor education system, racial segregation, widespread corruption, inefficiency and uncompetitive on the government departments and others.
Sad. Sad. Sad. The question asked by many of my fellow Chinese is this - Why can't you just tell the malay peoples to adopt Chinese culture which is superior?
From research, this peninsular was part of the Siamese empire way before these malays from Indonesia invaded it.
Still so thick skin, don't want to go back to Indonesia!
To some extends, I am agree with him. But for some points, he may be mislead and not true at all. Few comments from me after reading this:
1. I am agree to the fact that Malays are lazy. But that does not mean Malays are stupid and incapable of doing things. Malays are NOT stupid. Malays look like stupid because they are lazy. It's easy as that. Putting all the words together (stupid, lazy and incapable of doing things) in one sentence seem so wrong, well, at least, to me. But again, I dunno how he define 'stupid'. But from my definition and understanding, Malays are not stupid. There are quite a number of Malays that can compete to the international level, for example in Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, etc, there are Malay students. There are Malay athletes. There are Malay businessmen, there are Malays in every area. Academic, sports, and other areas, there are Malays who succeed in those fields. So, it is not fair to say Malays are stupid and incapable of doing things.
2. The commentator does not suppose to say anything about NEP. And we are agreed to not to argue about NEP coz that was what your ancestors agreed long time ago. Other races might find it unfair, and discriminate them, but then again, I personally think, from my experience living in overseas, discrimination is everywhere. It is common to have discrimination in one country. Believe me, every country has their own way of 'discrimination'. In Australia, for instance, foreign students have to pay FOUR TIMES as many as the local students university fees. In Melbourne, foreign students do not get student compensation for many things. In France, though they claim they are a 'free' country, but they discriminate Muslims with hijab. In Singapore, Malays got discriminated. There are discrimination everywhere. For me, it's not uncommon to have 'discrimination' in Malaysia, lagi-lagi when your ancestors agreed to have this 'discrimination', you should not argue it.
3. Islam and Malays are two DIFFERENT things. The commentator cannot make it equal. Islam is a religion, and Malay is a race. Malay does not reflect Islam, and Islam does not reflect Malay. The commentator has to understand these differences before making any statement. Islam does not and never teach Muslims to kill people without any valid reasons. What are the reasons in Islam that allow Muslims to kill people? The commentator has to learn more about Islam then. Not knowing the background of the thing you say, make your argument unfair, unreliable and making you look unprofessional.
4. Adopting other culture does not solve the problem. Culture never teach you to be lazy. Culture never teach you to do corruption. Culture never teach you to be stupid. Never. It's all about ourselves. Even if Malays adopt other culture, if the Malays itself do not want to change, they are still the same. It does not solve the problem at all. Even a little.
5. But, having said that, I could not agree more that in general, Malays are lazy. Lazy, lazy lazy! Malays like to 'cakap lebih, tapi habuk pon tarak'. Malays like to give suggestion, suggestion and suggestion, but they do not want to do it. They are just so lazy. They want everything in a split second without want to go for it. They want everything for free. Just see how many Malays that do not pay back their PTPTN loan? They want no school fees, but then see how many Malays that are really excel in academic? We have a lot of MARA colleges, MARA scholarship, MARA here and there, but how many Malays really contribute back to the country? Malays like to have priority, hak keistimewaan org Melayu, but they never appreciate it. They take things for granted. Malays like to 'short cut' in everything. Even to succeed, they want incentive from government. Don't they want to have their own effort in doing things? Why? I am so ashamed for these. I am a Malay. Please Malays, wake up from your dream!
6. Well, most Malays are easily snap when they got provoked. They are short tempered and they could not think further. They are emotional, and NOT rational at all. Once anyone says bad thing about Malays or Malaysia or Islam or anything related to them, you can see lots of blogs, facebook status, facebook posts, demonstrations in a split second with lots and lots of bad, cursing words. I just do not understand, why they could not solve the problem in professional, and proper way. They are just wasting their time, and money doing irrational things. They waste government money, which means my sister's money as well, coz she pays the for the government tax. All back to square one. Why they can't just think about it?
7. Once other races critic and say the truth about Malays, they got angry. They do not want to think the rational behind every word that other races saying. They do not want to accept when someone outside their clan criticizes them. Their words (other races) sometimes may hurt, but can we just ignore the improper use of words and focus on the main point instead? If Malays can think about what they say, about they point they were trying to say, and take a lesson from that, I personally believe Malays can go further, rather than bertakuk di tempat lama.
8. Most Malays are closed minded. They can't see other people, even from their own race to excel. Terlalu banyak hasad dengki dalam hati orang Melayu. When one of them just about to succeed, they will do whatever it takes to get the people down. I do not understand this 'tradition'. Why they are willing to do anything in order to get people down, rather than do whatever it takes to succeed, just like the one who about to excel? Why Malays? Why?
Well, I think that's enough for now. let's reflect ourselves what have we contribute to the country? =)
Happy Independent Day.